Google Analytics and conversion - 2-day action planning workshop
Google Analytics is a far more powerful tool than many businesses realise – the ability to understand your website visitors’ activity, segment them into specific groups and calculate the value of every source of traffic is essential to the effective management of an online marketing campaign. Once you know what to look for, Google provides another tool, Website Optimiser, to help you test improvements to your site and turn more visitors into customers.
Thistwo-dayworkshop provides an in-depth guide to setting up and using Google Analytics and Website Optimiser, how to get the best from the reports and what to do with the data. You will then explore a number of techniques and case studies, showing how to undertake conversion rate optimisation tests and what techniques have been proven to work on websites of all types to improve conversion.
Workshop programme in detail
- Setting up Google Analytics: page tagging, goals, e-commerce tracking, site search and event tracking
- Taking action based on statistics
- The value of custom segments & reports and how to create them • How to identify traffic from specific online marketing campaigns, such as emails or paid adverts
- Why testing is so important – case studies and methodologies
- Testing software – using split test and multivariate test software, including Google Website Optimiser, Unbounce.com and others.
- Web page design and content for conversion – layout and colours to copywriting and image choice.
- The importance of reassurance, social proof and reasons to take action.
Who should attend?
The workshops would benefit business owners and webmasters who already have a website and want to understand and improve its performance and/or who are responsible for reporting on their site’s performance. Whilst some technical subjects are covered, delegates are not expected to have any web development skills.
Ideally delegates will have already attended the following workshops: