Friday 09 September 2011
Easy to set up and with a very low outlay, blogs give companies the chance to raise thier profile, better connect with customers and clients, improve advertising and PR, increase innovation and generate new business.
This full-day workshop provides a stepwise introduction to the process of setting-up, designing and managing a business blog.
Workshop programme in detail
- A brief introduction to blogs – what are they and how do they work?
- Defining Inbound marketing
- RSS – Really Simple Syndication explained
- Types of blogs
- Hosted vs non-hosted
- Popular Blogging platforms
- Planning and implementing a business blogging strategy
- Case studies – review how small and large businesses currently use blogs
- Producing a business blog from start to finish - planning, design, implementation and launching on the web
- Managing your blog - adding posts, setting-up and managing subscriptions and RSS feeds
- Widgets and social media integration - using widgets to increase usability, integrating blogging and social networking
Marketing your blog
- Where to go next - sources of further information and support
Who should attend?
This workshop has been developed to provide delegates with the skills necessary to launch their own business blog, and to design and implement a business blogging strategy within their organisation. You will ideally need to have basic computer/IT skills but do not need previous experience/knowledge of blogging.
Ideally delegates will have already attended the: