Leics - Technology Grants

Are you looking to invest in technology solutions for your business? If so grant funding could be for you! 

The Digital Growth Programme grant scheme provides financial support with the introduction of new systems and software to improve business performance and productivity. Grants from £2,000 to £25,000 are available subject to conditions. Higher project values will also be considered.

SMEs can receive up to 35% funding towards the total cost of the project, the other 65% must be match-funded by the business. You will need to have a project valued between £5,715 (£2,000 grant) and £71,430 (£25,000 grant). Details of the scheme and application process can be found on our guidance notes

Funding is still available and we're taking applications!
Ideally, we're looking for immediate applications. The project would need to be completed, fully spent, and claimed by the end of September 2021. Previous applicants may re-apply and will be considered. If you'd like to speak to a Digital Adviser to discuss your project further, contact Nancy Mayeka on 07776 597 974 or email Nancy.Mayeka@emc-dnl.co.uk

What type of projects can the Technology Grant fund? 
You must have a B2B technology-based project that will develop a ‘new to the firm’ product or service. This can also include process innovation as long as the process is towards the development of the product or service (see guidance notes for more details). 

Image of team meeting

Some example projects include remote working, CRM systems, Cloud-based solutions, Warehousing ERP solutions, Cybersecurity, Telecommunications, Broadband connectivity, Website, and ecommerce integration. These are just some of the projects the Technology grant can be used towards. If you have a potential project in mind, you can speak to one of our team for more advice and the next steps you should take.

Take a look at our case studies, where you can learn about some of the projects we have funded and what businesses have said about the support they received:

Food Attraction     London Edge   Air Auto ID  Troy Business Services
Lanka Kade Assured Solutions     Quick Choice      REAL Education


Are you eligible?
To qualify you must:

  • Register with the programme
  • Be trading for at least 12 months at the time of application
  • Be located within, or locating to, Leicester or Leicestershire
  • Employ less than 250 employees and a turnover ≤ €50 million or a balance sheet ≤ €43 million
  • Demonstrate how the project will improve business performance and productivity
  • Look to generate new, sustainable jobs based in Leicester or Leicestershire

How do I apply?
To apply for the technology grant you will need to register your business to the programme and be eligible to access support including grant funding. Once approved, we will provide you with a link to complete the Grant Expression of Interest, where you will need to outline the technology-based project you have in mind. 

Our infographic provides a step by step guide of how to access our grant and the process once you have submitted your expression of interest.  

If you need more information or help with registering please contact Nancy Mayeka on 07776 597 974 or email Nancy.Mayeka@emc-dnl.co.uk

Apply now!

To apply for the technology grant you will need to register your business by completing the programme registration form and meet the eligibility criteria. Once your business is approved, we will provide you with a link to complete the Grant Expression of Interest.

Take the next step!

Once you are registered with the programme you can also attend our workshops and seminars to help keep you up-to-date with the latest digital technology and marketing techniques.